Sunday, March 25, 2012

Eating a Rainbow

Eating our fruit and vegetables rainbows last week caused some great discussions.

We enjoyed trying many different fruits and vegetables.


Through this activity we worked on:
  • sharing and taking turns
  • vocabulary- learning the names of different fruits and vegetables
  • recognizing and naming different colors
  • sequencing colors in a rainbow
  • sharing personal information- our likes and dislikes
  • communicating our ideas with others
  • experimenting with new materials (trying new food)
  •  
     

Here's a look at us making and eating our fruit rainbows.



Here's what some of us said while making our fruit rainbows:

"Bananas are soo good."  Hannah
"My mom bought kiwi."  Alexander
Ahhh-this doesn't taste very good."  Jase
"Purple fruit?  I wanna taste them."  Jaydon
"I tried them one and I don't like them."  Madax
"I'm eating my banana." Keelan


Here's a look at us making and eating our vegetable rainbows.




Here's what some of us said while making our vegetable rainbows:

"I like yellow peppers."  Alexander
"I only like carrots."  Jase
"No green."  Jaydon
"I only like carrot vegetables."  Madax
"I don't like these."  Keelan
"I tried one."  Hannah


From the look and sound of things I think our fruit rainbows were more popular than the vegetable ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment